Consulting

Thread: Moving typewriter text box up screen

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Moving typewriter text box up screen

Hello

I'm trying to use Powerpoint VBA to get a text box to move smoothly up a screen. The box has an entry animation with the text set to appear by letter (to create a typewriter effect). I then want to click on a command buttom to make the box move smoothly up the screen. The code which does this is below : the text box is called 'TxtPrint'.

The problem is that when I click the button the text box just disappears. I have tried the same code with other types of shape and it works as intended, so there is a problem with how I am applying it to text boxes.

I am aware that it is straightforward to do this using animations in 'core' powerpoint. However I want to understand the basics of doing it in VBA so I can apply it to more complex problems. Grateful for any advice which people can offer.

Thanks

Chris

Private Sub Button_Click()
    Dim objSequence As Sequence
    Dim objTxt1 As Shape
    Dim objEffect1 As Effect
    Dim sld As Slide
    Set sld = ActivePresentation.Slides(3)
    Set objTxt1 = sld.Shapes("TxtPrint")
    Set objSequence = sld.TimeLine.MainSequence
    Set objEffect1 = objSequence.AddEffect(Shape:=objTxt1, EffectID:=msoAnimEffectFloat, trigger:=msoAnimTriggerOnClick)
    objEffect1.EffectType = msoAnimEffectPathUp
    'objEffect1.Exit = msoTrue
    End Sub
    Last edited by Aussiebear; 08-13-2022 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Added code tags to submitted code