Consulting

Thread: Multi-sheet procedure

Multi-sheet procedure

Hello,

I am a complete beginner and would like to ask whether it is at all possible to automate the following steps:

Once in the Input worksheet (or message box etc.) the user manually keys in InputEntity (e.g. White Ltd), InputExpenseType (e.g. ExpenseType 2) and InputValue (e.g. 450):

1. In the Master Lookup worksheet:
    a) find Entity in column A (example: White Ltd is in cell A6 of the Master Lookup worksheet)
    b) grab the value from the same row as the entity but column B to determine the relevant regional lookup (example: for White Ltd in cell A6 the relevant regional lookup is in cell B6 - Regional Lookup 2)

2. In the relevant regional lookup worksheet:
    a) use the InputExpenseType to determine the right column (example: in the Regional Lookup 2 for InputExpenseType=ExpenseType 2 it is column C)
    b) in the relevant column use the InputValue to retrieve the relevant row range. The listed values are maximum, up to values (example: in the Regional Lookup 2 for InputExpenseType=ExpenseType 2 and InputValue=450 the row range is 2:7)
    c) use the row range determined under 2.b) to retrieve the values from the corresponding cells in column A (example: for rows 2:7 these would be cells A2:A7, so Levels between 65 and 100)

3. In the Email worksheet:
    a) use the InputEntity and Level(s) determined under 2.c) to determine the right email(s) (example: according to the Email tab, for InputEntity=White Ltd the emails for Levels between 65 and 100 are f_AT_sample.com and b_AT_sample.com)

4. Provide the email(s) determined under 3.) to the user (in a cell, message box or other)

I would love to figure it out myself - am going through a VBA handbook - but I can only find bits and pieces of potential solution, I don't have the overall big picture. Any guidance would be appreciated (what key words to be looking for, the actual code etc.).

Thanks for reading : )
    Attached Files Attached Files

Moderator VBAX Master georgiboy's Avatar
    Could do something with filters if thats any help?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Click here for a guide on how to add code tags
    Click here for a guide on how to mark a thread as solved
    Click here for a guide on how to upload a file with your post

Excel 365, Version 2403, Build 17425.20146

Thanks so much! Very interesting solution, looking forward to transposing it into my real life case scenario and learning in the process : ).