Consulting

Thread: Editable Recordset

VBAX Newbie
    Editable Recordset

I would like to create a new recordset from a query and then be able to edit the values in added field as if it were a new temporary table without changing the original tables. The purpose is to be able to do a calculation on the recordset only to determine the order to display them. I tried making the query adding '0 as sortorder' so I have a field to put the result into but the recordset is uneditable. I understand why but I don't know how to do this properly.

Can't you do the "calculation on the recordset only to determine the order to display" in the query?
    Please provide more detail.
    Groeten,

Peter

VBAX Newbie
    I'm loading addresses to accounts and calculating distances between them using online sources then sorting them from closest to farthest using the value in the field with the results.

I guess that when your are able to do the calculation on the recordset, you can also make a function to do the calculation. Hence you can use the function in the query.
    Groeten,

Peter

just add another Field (Distance, double) to your table then add the field to your query.