Consulting

Thread: Create multiple PowerPoint files based on a template query

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VBAX Regular
    Create multiple PowerPoint files based on a template query

Hi all,

I wondered if anyone could help as I have been given a a big task but never used macro's in PowerPoint before and wondered if it was possible to create a macro that would to HUGELY speed up my work as I think this may become an ongoing thing.

I need to create over 300 separate PPT files which will all be based on one template. The background template will always stay the same but I have text in 3 places and an image that needs to change for each file. The image and text will always be in the same place on the page and will always be the same size and font.

I currently have the text saved in columns a, b and c in an excel doc and I presume I would need to save the picture address in windows explorer in column d to somehow make this work.

Once I have checked they are all correct I would then eventually need to export these as JPEGs.

Thanks for any help.
    Alan

Moderator VBAX Master georgiboy's Avatar
    Do you have an example of the spreadsheet to post along with the template?

The data in A,B and C along with a file path in D would be great along with the template. You can use a fake path as that would need to be changed for testing purposes anyway.
    Click here for a guide on how to add code tags
    Click here for a guide on how to mark a thread as solved

Excel 365, Version 2401, Build 17231.20084