Consulting

Thread: Scroll Bars

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base
    VBAX Master
    Scroll Bars

Is there a way to hide the scroll bars? Vertical and horizontal?
    Best Regards,

Carlos Paleo.

To every problem there is a solution, even if I dont know it, so this posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

If Debugging is harder than writing a program and your code is as good as you can possibly make
    it, then by definition you're not smart enough to debug it.

http://www.mugrs.org

Check Tools|OPtions. Recording a macro while unselecting.

With ActiveWindow
             .DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = False
             .DisplayVerticalScrollBar = False
         End With
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

And by the way... same caveats apply as here when locking down the user interface.

Cheers,

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Administrator

You can also do vertical and horizontal in one go with

Application.DisplayScrollBars = False
    John
    You know you're really in trouble when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be the headlight of a train hurtling towards you

The major part of getting the right answer lies in asking the right question...

Made your code more readable, use VBA tags (this automatically inserts [vba] at the start of your code, and [/vba ] at the end of your code) | Help those helping you by marking your thread solved when it is.

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base VBAX Master
    Hi guys thanks. I agree with you Ken but I was asked to do that and simply didnt know how.
    Best Regards,

Carlos Paleo.

To every problem there is a solution, even if I dont know it, so this posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

If Debugging is harder than writing a program and your code is as good as you can possibly make

Administrator
    Just remember to always leave an escape route when playing around with the user interface...

I once played around with it and completely forgot that what I was doing affects ALL the application and not just the active book, and ended up with just a blank white worksheet that had a narrow border and nothing else - no tools, no VBE window (so no way to get back into the code-pane and undo it) and every book I opened was exactly the same...

Took me a helluva while to work out how to get back in

(You only make that mistake once though)
    You know you're really in trouble when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be the headlight of a train hurtling towards you

Made your code more readable, use VBA tags (this automatically inserts [vba] at the start of your code, and [/vba ] at the end of your code) | Help those helping you by marking your thread solved when it is.

Administrator
    I have undone all at the event workbook_beforeclose, but thanks anyway.
    Best Regards,

Carlos Paleo.

Administrator
    I have undone all at the event workbook_beforeclose, but thanks anyway.
    Good to see, but for the benefit of visitors or any others reading this (or the other allied thread) that may have accidentally locked themselves out - the shortcut to the VBE window is Alt + F11

Administrator
    Well anyway it sets properties back when the workbook is closed, so they just need to do Ctrl + F4.
    Best Regards,

Carlos Paleo.