Consulting

Thread: Dropdown List Copy/Paste to Excel Table on Different Worksheet But in Wrong Column

Dropdown List Copy/Paste to Excel Table on Different Worksheet But in Wrong Column

Hello Everyone,

First, to be compliant with forum rules i also have posted this request on Excel Forum, but haven't received any help. Hoping
    someone can please assist.

https://www.excelforum.com/excel-programming-vba-macros/1401480-dropdown-list-copy-paste-to-excel-table-on-different-worksheet-but-in-wrong-column.html

Here is the layout:

Workbook with 2 worksheets (?Budget Plan_FY2023? and ?Not Required Items?)
    One table on each sheet (?BudgetPlan? and ?NotRequired?)
    Columns M, P, S and V on the ?Budget Plan_FY2023? sheet contains dropdowns and when the words ?Not Required? is selected from any of the dropdowns,
    the entire row is deleted and pasted to the ?NotRequired? table on the ?Not Required Items? sheet. It works, except I have one problem.

The data is pasted starting in column C, but the data should paste starting in column B.
    Workbook is attached, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

Dim rng As Range
        Set rng = Union(Range("M:M"), Range("P:P"), Range("S:S"), Range("V:V")) ' Define the range to monitor for changes

If Not Intersect(Target, rng) Is Nothing Then ' Check if the changed cell is in the monitored range

Application.EnableEvents = False ' Disable event handling to prevent infinite loops

For Each cell In Intersect(Target, rng) ' Loop through all changed cells
                Select Case cell.Value ' Check the value of the cell and change the interior color accordingly

Case "Funded"
                        cell.Interior.Color = RGB(169, 208, 142) '< ---Green

Case "Unfunded"
                        cell.Interior.Color = RGB(254, 168, 174) '<---Red

Case "Awaiting Approval"
                        cell.Interior.Color = RGB(255, 255, 0) '<---yellow

Case Else
                        cell.Interior.Color = RGB(255, 255, 255) ' Reset the cell interior color to white

End Select

cell.Offset(0, -2).Interior.Color = cell.Interior.Color ' Set the same color in column K

' Check if the cell contains "Not Required" and delete the row and paste it in the "FY23_NotRequired" table on Sheet2
                If InStr(1, LCase(cell.Value), "not required") > 0 Then
                    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
                    Application.EnableEvents = False

Dim tbl As ListObject
                    Set tbl = Worksheets("not required items").ListObjects("NotRequired")
    '                tbl.ListRows.Add
                    tbl.ListRows.Add.Range.Value = cell.EntireRow.Value

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
                    Application.EnableEvents = True
                    ActiveSheet.Rows(cell.Row).Delete
                End If

Next cell

Application.EnableEvents = True ' Re-enable event handling

End If

End Sub
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rorobear; 03-11-2023 at 03:32 PM. Reason: forgot code tags

VBAX Mentor
    Have you considered just applying filter to not display "not required" items on BudgetPlan sheet?

I expect that cell.EntireRow.Value is including column A. I tested by deleting both columns A and modifying code for cell references. Works.
    How to attach file: Reading and Posting Messages (vbaexpress.com), click Go Advanced below post edit window. To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

VBAX Sage
    First, to be compliant with forum rules i also have posted this request on Excel Forum, but haven't received any help. Hoping
    someone can please assist.
    We like that

I'm not very good with tables, but try this

Dim tbl As ListObject
                    Dim r1 As Range
                    Set tbl = Worksheets("not required items").ListObjects("NotRequired")
                    Set r1 = cell.EntireRow
                    Set r1 = r1.Cells(1, 2).Resize(1, 22)

tbl.ListRows.Add
                    r1.Copy tbl.Range.Rows(tbl.Range.Rows.Count)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

i did try delete column A and modifying this line of code: tbl.ListRows.Add.Range.Value = cell.EntireRow.Value. only to receive error after error, hence why i came here to the experts.

YES!!! that did the trick. thank you, sir!!!

VBAX Mentor
    The only edit to code I did was for Set rng line:

Set rng = Union(Range("L:L"), Range("O:O"), Range("R:R"), Range("U:U")) ' Define the range to monitor for changes
    But Paul's change certainly makes sense without having to modify sheets.

Glad you have solution.
    How to attach file: Reading and Posting Messages (vbaexpress.com), click Go Advanced below post edit window. To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

yes, indeed! thank you very much i really appreciate the support.