Consulting

Thread: All userform controls are "not" working

VBAX Expert
    All userform controls are "not" working

I only recently found out with the problem, so I don't know when it started to happen..... I usually do all my work with my work laptop, now that I am retired, I am now using my own computer. I can add the textbox control onto my form it runs and all but if I try to move the text box, i get the above message, so I cannot move it.... However, if I use the Treeview control, it sort of works. It runs but if I try to add some nodes, it fails with an error saying that the property or method is not supported... Hopefully someone can give me an in sight as to how I may fix the problem. I checked the Treeview control, the DLL does exists in the listed folder.

I am using Office 2019 Professional
    Attached Images Attached Images

VBAX Sage
    A number of userform controls do not work in 64 bit office, which I think you're using. This might have changed for some but IIRC TreeView was not one of them

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/an...th-listview-el

https://sourceforge.net/p/ol-lookfor...on%20Controls/

[QUOTE]Microsoft Windows Common Controls

Microsoft Windows Common Controls provide features like ListView, TreeView, and ImageList, which are partly necessary for the interface of OL [LookForDuplicates]. The filename of the corresponding control is mscomctl.ocx and it resides in the system32 folder.
    You can download mscomctl.ocx directly from Microsoft.
    After decompressing into C:\WINDOWS\system32\ you need to register the control by running
    regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSCOMCTL.OCX
    in the Windows Run dialog ([Win]+R). In order to be available for OL [LookForDuplicates], the library has to be loaded in Outlook according to the Installation guide.

Additionally, you can have a look at the Microsoft Download Center for an updated version of the control.
    It should be noted that Microsoft Windows Common Controls are only available for 32-bit editions of Microsoft Office Outlook.[/QUOTE]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

VBAX Expert
    Thank you for the suggestions, however, I am using 32 bit office. Since this is my home PC, running 64 bit is too much of a hassle, so I am running 32 bit and I confirmed. I hope you can offer more suggestions.
    I like to stress that ALL of the controls that I put into the form, they can be added and run (mostly), just if I try to move it, I get the "System cannot fine the file specified"!!????
    Last edited by JKwan; 04-15-2023 at 06:14 AM.

Moderator VBAX Master georgiboy's Avatar
    The below thread seems to have some bits to try:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-d8916ed8a989
    Click here for a guide on how to add code tags
    Click here for a guide on how to mark a thread as solved
    Click here for a guide on how to upload a file with your post

Excel 365, Version 2403, Build 17425.20146

VBAX Expert
    Thanks georgiboy. Reading the thread, the person seemed to have the same problem that I am having, the person seem to have the problem to go away after a reboot, as to myself, I am stuck with reboots. I have the problem even when I create a new form and drop controls on to the form, the form runs and resize and all, just does not let me move it..... I may have to live with it. To be honest, it is not that big of a deal, since I am just "playing" now.... Thank you again.