Consulting

Thread: Sleeper: A form to Scan Barcodes & Display already scanned codes in a subform

Question Sleeper: A form to Scan Barcodes & Display already scanned codes in a subform

Hello all,

I have a form set up with a continuous sub form.

Basically, the main form should accept a number (from a scanned barcode) and the scanner has an enter after scan function so it would enter the information to a new table record and I could scan again. Now that I've added a sub form to display already scanned codes. it will instead tab to the sub form. The sub form is set to not be editable, but I would like a way so that nothing else is clickable/tab-able on this form, as I would also like to add buttons in the future.

Question: How can I make all objected except for the main form entree box intractable except for mouse clicks.

Thank you.data base snip.jpg

VBAX Mentor
    Maybe set each control as enabled/disabled individually? Also set TabStop to No.
    How to attach file: Reading and Posting Messages (vbaexpress.com), click Go Advanced below post edit window. To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Posting your existing workbook is the best means of receiving assistance. Pics are nice but don't really serve any diagnostic purpose. Volunteers are not inclined to recreate your workbook from scratch to assist you.

You can click on the GO ADVANCED button in the lower right corner when replying. There you will find a means of attaching your workbook.

Thanks.

VBAX Newbie
    Maybe set each control as enabled/disabled individually? Also set TabStop to No.
    It's work

VBAX Newbie

Banned VBAX Newbie
    incredibox

By setting the "Enabled" property to "No" for the selected objects, users will not be able to click or incredibox interact with them using the mouse or the tab key. However, they will still be able to interact with the main form entry box to scan and enter information.
    Last edited by davidjohnx; 06-08-2023 at 07:06 PM. Reason: change post content

Banned VBAX Newbie
    Basically, the main form should accept a number (from a scanned barcode) and the scanner has an enter after scan function so it would enter the information to a new table record and I could scan again. Now that I've added a sub form to display already scanned codes. it will instead tab to the sub form. The sub form is set to not be editable, but I would like a way so that nothing else is clickable/tab-able on this form, as I would also like to add buttons in the future.

VBAX Mentor
    Set the subform container TabStop property to No. You can set Locked to Yes as well.
    How to attach file: Reading and Posting Messages (vbaexpress.com), click Go Advanced below post edit window. To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Banned VBAX Newbie

Last edited by Aussiebear; 12-14-2023 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Removed spam links