Consulting

Thread: Press button to assign the reason provided and count

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderator VBAX Wizard Aussiebear's Avatar
    Press button to assign the reason provided and count

Alas our poor industrious boys are in trouble again. The Accountant (Paul) noticed after reviewing last years financials that on some days the two enterprising young lads did not earn any income. Suspicious that maybe one or both were not at work that day, he set up a new form to determine if and why they were absent from work. I need a way to enable our industrious lads to account for their absence, hence the WhereYaBin questionnaire. I need a way to select the person submitting the reason from a DV cell Sheet1 J9, and the reason Sheet1 K9, also a DV cell. Because I am working on a Mac I can't use an active X button.

So any code needs to be assigned to the Shape "Submit Reason" after both a Name and a reason has been completed. The results need to recorded on sheet3 F3:I3 and down for each new occurrence. The count variable (Cell I3) needs to count only the number of times a particular reason has occurred and a Date on which the reason was submitted. The date is important to stop Zack (who is known to be somewhat mischievous), from sitting there tapping away throwing his partner under the bus. So only one submitted reason per day if possible.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Remember To Do the Following....
    Use [Code].... [/Code] tags when posting code to the thread.
    Mark your thread as Solved if satisfied by using the Thread Tools options.
    If posting the same issue to another forum please show the link