Consulting

Thread: VBAcode to switch(show and hide) between 4 sum value fields on a data mod pivot table

Question VBAcode to switch(show and hide) between 4 sum value fields on a data mod pivot table

I have2 buttons(Switch between Actuals/Forecast) and (Switch between Cost/Hours). Pivot table named Pivot_Dashboard is a data model pivot and is pricing data from Actualandforecast table. Below is my entire code and it is working to show the pivot sum value field but it does not hide the previous field as it should be. For example. If I select Actual/Forecast it should show Actual and hide Forecast and vice versa. But currently it adds the columns to show the actual and doesn't hide the Forecast or vice versa. Hoping to get help as soon as possible.
    Thanks!

Option Explicit
    Dim col_Field As String

Sub Cost_Button()
    ' CostHours_Button Macro
    If Worksheets("HCV_Financials").Range("D10").Value = "Actual Hour" Then
        Worksheets("HCV_Financials").Range("D10").Value = "Actual Cost"col_Field = "Actual Labor Cost"
    ElseIf Worksheets("HCV_Financials").Range("D10").Value = "Actual Cost" Then
        Worksheets("HCV_Financials").Range("D10").Value = "Actual Hour"
        col_Field = "Actual Labor Hours"
    ElseIf Worksheets("HCV_Financials").Range("D10").Value = "Forecast Hour" Then
        Worksheets("HCV_Financials").Range("D10").Value = "Forecast Cost"
        col_Field = "Forecast Cost"
    ElseIf Worksheets("HCV_Financials").Range("D10").Value = "Forecast Cost" Then
        Worksheets("HCV_Financials").Range("D10").Value = "Forecast Hour"
        col_Field = "Forecast Hours"
    Else
        MsgBox ("Incorrect Value in D10")
    End If
    Call Change_Value
    End Sub

Sub Forecast_Button()
    ' ActualForecast_Button Macro
    If Worksheets("HCV_Financials").Range("D10").Value = "Actual Hour" Then
        Worksheets("HCV_Financials").Range("D10").Value = "Forecast Hour"
        col_Field = "Forecast Hours"
    ElseIf Worksheets("HCV_Financials").Range("D10").Value = "Actual Cost" Then
        Worksheets("HCV_Financials").Range("D10").Value = "Forecast Cost"
        col_Field = "Forecast Cost"
    ElseIf Worksheets("HCV_Financials").Range("D10").Value = "Forecast Hour" Then
        Worksheets("HCV_Financials").Range("D10").Value = "Actual Hour"
        col_Field = "Actual Labor Hours"
    ElseIf Worksheets("HCV_Financials").Range("D10").Value = "Forecast Cost" Then
        Worksheets("HCV_Financials").Range("D10").Value = "Actual Cost"
        col_Field = "Actual Labor Cost"
    Else
        MsgBox ("Incorrect Value in D10")
    End If
    Call Change_Value
    End Sub

Sub Change_Value()
    'To change the value between Sum Of Actual Hours, Sum of Actual Cost, Sum of Forecast Hours, Sum of Forecast Cost
    Dim pt As PivotTable
    Dim cf As CubeField
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim s As String
    Set pt = ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot_Dashboard")
    i = 1
    Do Until Worksheets("HCV_Financials").Range("P12").Value = "" Or i > 100
        If Worksheets("HCV_Financials").Range("P12").Value <> "" Then
            If Not IsNumeric(Worksheets("HCV_Financials").Range("P12").Value) Then
                s = Worksheets("HCV_Financials").Range("P12").Value
                ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot_Dashboard").CubeFields.PivotFields(s).Orientation = xlHidden
            End If
        End If
        i = i + 1
    Loop
    If col_Field = "Actual Labor Cost" Then
        ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot_Dashboard").AddDataField ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot_Dashboard").CubeFields("[Measures].[Sum of Actual Labor Cost]"), _
        "Sum of Actual Labor Cost"
        ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot_Dashboard").PivotFields("[Measures].[Sum of Actual Labor Cost]").NumberFormat = "$#,##0;[Red]$#,##0"
        If Worksheets("HCV_Financials").Range("P12").Value <> "" ThenIf Not IsNumeric(Worksheets("HCV_Financials").Range("P12").Value) Then
            ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot_Dashboard").CubeFields("[ActualAndForecast].[Actual Labor Cost]").Orientation = xlHidden
        End If
    End If
    ElseIf col_Field = "Actual Labor Hours" Then
        ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot_Dashboard").AddDataField ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot_Dashboard").CubeFields("[Measures].[Sum of Actual Labor Hours]"), _
        "Sum of Actual Labor Hours"
                ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot_Dashboard").CubeFields("[ActualAndForecast].[Actual Labor Hours]").Orientation = xlHidden
            End If
        End If
    ElseIf col_Field = "Forecast Cost" Then
        ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot_Dashboard").AddDataField ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot_Dashboard").CubeFields("[Measures].[Sum of Forecast Cost]"), _
        "Sum of Forecast Cost"
        ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot_Dashboard").PivotFields("[Measures].[Sum of Forecast Cost]").NumberFormat = "$#,##0;[Red]$#,##0"
                ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot_Dashboard").CubeFields("[ActualAndForecast].[Forecast Cost]").Orientation = xlHidden
            End If
        End If
    ElseIf col_Field = "Forecast Hours" Then
        ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot_Dashboard").AddDataField ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot_Dashboard").CubeFields("[Measures].[Sum of Forecast Hours]"),  _
        "Sum of Forecast Hours"
                ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot_Dashboard").CubeFields("[ActualAndForecast].[Forecast Hours]").Orientation = xlHidden
            End If
        End If
    End If
    End Sub
    Last edited by Aussiebear; 08-29-2023 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Taken out the extra whitespace and added code tags

Moderator VBAX Wizard Aussiebear's Avatar
    Welcome to VBAX ParmeetRai. You will notice that in this forum we try to wrap our code with code tags ( see the first line in my signature). Secondly there is no need to write to every alternative line when submitting the code. The extra whitespace just makes your code harder to read. Its all good, as I've edited the code to make it more suitable to read ( and understand), I hope you don't mind.
    Remember To Do the Following....
    Use [Code].... [/Code] tags when posting code to the thread.
    Mark your thread as Solved if satisfied by using the Thread Tools options.
    If posting the same issue to another forum please show the link

Thanks much for your response. This is my first time ever joining a forum. Thanks for the helpful tip.

Moderator VBAX Wizard Aussiebear's Avatar
    Just a quick question here, in the Sub Change Value, the logic doesn't seem right. You have a series of Elseif's but no If to start the looping. Can you check this please?
    Remember To Do the Following....
    Use [Code].... [/Code] tags when posting code to the thread.
    Mark your thread as Solved if satisfied by using the Thread Tools options.
    If posting the same issue to another forum please show the link