Consulting

Thread: Command button. Copy text + pictures from different pages/part of document

Question Command button. Copy text + pictures from different pages/part of document

Greetings all!

Usually I don't write on forums, so forgive me if I missed some of the etiquette.

Writing here, as I need some help in a Word/Developer/ActiveX command button function, as I'm not fluent in programming languages, and can't find how to even copy part of the text I want. I think that's what I need, but maybe there is a better solution or just a simpler one, but I could not find it or I just did not know how to find it.

Word version is whatever Office 365 version is of the Word, so basically a desktop Word 365 version.

Don't know if this is possible and like I said maybe there is an easier solution or even a function, I could not find, that fits the situation. Hell, I'm even thinking of using Power apps, or even Excel as but every information (Headings in this case) is in different sheets . Some of you might ask why not just click and drag and press CTRL + C, so my idea is to spent as little time in a document as possible, but if I need to add more information it would more or less easy to update.

Short story: In a Word I need with a press of a button to copy different part of the document/text/pictures.
    Long story: So the problem is I want to have several different command buttons that copy basically the same information to the clipboard (not the word one, but the Windows one (Win key + V), so just a copy function in a sense, as I think everything that is copied gets pasted (well not pasted, but saved to clipboard's history, I guess) to clipboard anyways. I will try to explain what I'm trying to do, as I do not have document and I cannot recreate it, as I have no Office on my computer, only Libre Office. As I don't use that much of any kind of office program, the free one suits my needs, just not in this particular case. The situation looks like this more or less:

Heading 1
    Page URL/Hyperlink
    A text (there might be text or there might not be)
    A couple of pictures

Heading 2
    The same as above, and on repeat, just of course different information.

Heading 3
    Same thing as heading 1

Headings are created using Word's table of contents and the just pressing the heading font style to create the one I want.
    The idea copy buttons copy only the information that is only under heading 1 or 2 or 3, etc. For example: Copy button under Heading 1 does not copy information from under Heading 3, only from under Heading 1

What I plan/want to do is to have three different copy command buttons. For example Copy batch, copy text and pictures, copy separately.
    Copy Batch: Copy everything that is between heading 1 and heading 2 to a clipboard as one object, no separation in clipboard. Basically just click and drag and press CTRL + C what is between heading 1 and Heading 2.
    Copy text and pictures: From clipboard I can select Text and Pictures + URL as different objects to paste. Text as one object, pictures + URL/Hyperlink as another object.
    Copy separately: Everything that is between heading 1 and heading 2 copied separately to the clipboard, so When I press Win key + V, I can choose which one I want to paste first. For example I want to paste URL in first place, pictures in second place and text in whatever tickles my bones place.

As I said maybe there is a better solution and maybe there is no way to copy everything in batch or separately. And maybe it is stupid idea and I would agree, but I thought "I will give it a shot, maybe I will learn something". Hell maybe I'm over my head. I hope I explained it more or less understandably

So sorry guys if this is the stupidest thing you ever heard, but overall I must say: "Thank you!" in advance for any kind of feedback. Have a nice day!

Moderator VBAX Wizard Aussiebear's Avatar
    Welcome to VBAX Kskis508. Hopefully someone will be along shortly to assist you in this matter.
    Remember To Do the Following....
    Use [Code].... [/Code] tags when posting code to the thread.
    Mark your thread as Solved if satisfied by using the Thread Tools options.
    If posting the same issue to another forum please show the link

Moderator VBAX Wizard Aussiebear's Avatar
    Remember To Do the Following....
    Use [Code].... [/Code] tags when posting code to the thread.
    Mark your thread as Solved if satisfied by using the Thread Tools options.
    If posting the same issue to another forum please show the link