Consulting

Thread: Change english quotation marks to french quotation marks

VBAX Regular
    Change english quotation marks to french quotation marks

Hi everyone,

So i work on templates for my job. I make templates for all kinds of letters to send to fund managers. The problem is the letters use the french language. Whenever users fill out the template, the quotation marks in the formfields are english ones. But whenever i work on the template outside of text formfields, the quotation marks are the correct ones (french quotation marks).

how can i change the language set per default on the formfields ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

VBAX Contributor
    Why not set the language for everything to be French?
    Unlock the protection, select all, and change proofing language to French, then re-protect the document.
    Perhaps that has already been done, but proofing language is set on a character-by-character basis and I just do not know whether the formfields get inserted with a language attribute.

Is there a reason for using legacy fields rather than Content Controls? The protection is far harsher for legacy forms.

VBAX Regular
    The language is already set to French and even by selecting everything and changing the proofing language to French doesn't make a change.

We've just always used because we have a lot of subs on that run depending on the choice of the formfield.