Consulting

Thread: Excel Macro

VBAX Newbie
    Excel Macro

Hi
    I'm working on a project in Excel where I need to automate the formatting and summarization of sales data using a macro. The data includes columns for Date, Product, Quantity, and Amount. Could someone guide me on how to create a macro that accomplishes the following tasks:

1. Format the Date column in the "dd-mmm-yyyy" format.
    2. Calculate the total sales amount for each product and display the result in a new summary table.
    3. Highlight products with sales amounts above a certain threshold (e.g., $500) in the summary table.
    4. Generate a report with formatted dates, total sales, and highlighted products in a new worksheet.

I would appreciate any insights, tips, or sample code that could help me achieve this automation.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Moderator VBAX Wizard Aussiebear's Avatar
    Welcome to VBAX faddak. For such a request we need to know about your current system of data, its layout and where you would like the new processes to place the data. To assist us could you please supply a sample workbook with some dummy data as you would currently expect the data to be found and a new sheet with an example of how you would like the data to be?

To attach a workbook, click on Go advanced / Manage Attachments / Choose File / Upload.
    Remember To Do the Following....
    Use [Code].... [/Code] tags when posting code to the thread.
    Mark your thread as Solved if satisfied by using the Thread Tools options.
    If posting the same issue to another forum please show the link

VBAX Sage
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3