Consulting

Thread: Renaming File Name

Renaming File Name

Dear Experts

Now I request for 3 more requirements.
    1) The value whatever I type in K11 shall be appended to (Filelist) sheet "C" Column.
    2) If the file name repeated in Col C then Filename 1 , Filename 2 , File Name 3 likewise renamed
    3) If I put delete in C Col, while renaming the files, delete row should delete images in the folder.

Yours Sincerely
    Buvanamali

VBAX Mentor
    You should repeat here background info and provide the file (or include link to other thread which is [SOLVED] Excel Image Viewer and Rename its File Name (vbaexpress.com)). Doubtful I will continue on this as Excel coding is not my strength. I probably would build in Access instead. I did a quick test and Access has no problem displaying image files with Tamil names.

Hopefully this thread gets more attention than the other did.
    Last edited by June7; 03-24-2024 at 02:55 PM.
    How to attach file: Reading and Posting Messages (vbaexpress.com), click Go Advanced below post edit window. To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Dear Experts

Earlier the thread was started here http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/show...-its-File-Name.

I wanted to convey my lot of thanks to Mr June7 who gave me the renaming Solution.
    Now I need some more improvements in the files as stated below. Sample files are attached.
    Images zip files enclosed.

1) The value whatever I type in K11 shall be appended to (Filelist) sheet "C" Column.
    2) If the file name repeated in Col C then Filename 1 , Filename 2 , File Name 3 likewise renamed
    3) If I put delete in C Col, while renaming the files, delete row should delete images in the folder.

Yours Sincerely
    Buvanamali
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by buvanamali; 03-24-2024 at 06:04 PM.

VBAX Mentor
    I hope you have Access because I built an app that does what you want. Trying to do the same thing in Excel would have taken me forever.

I also found code that allows pulling files that already have Tamil names. It could be adapted to use in Excel.

Whichever way you go, consider adding error handling for invalid file names.

Be aware, Kill function completely eliminates file, won't even be in Recycle Bin.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by June7; 03-25-2024 at 12:18 AM.
    How to attach file: Reading and Posting Messages (vbaexpress.com), click Go Advanced below post edit window. To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Dear Mr June7

Regret the delayed reply.

The Access file also working fine.

Thanks Once Again.

Yours Sincerely
    Buvanamali