Consulting

Thread: Changing the from: adress from an email send within Excel

Changing the from: adress from an email send within Excel

Hi guys,

I am using an excel database to select emailadresses and then send an email to selected adresses. Now when i send it from a company computer it sends it from my own emailadress (myname@mycompany.nl), we use an exchange server which also allows me to send mail from the 'info' mail we use for customers. (mycompany@info.nl). Now I have tried several things but
    [vba]
    .senderemailadress
    [/vba]
    is a read-only property and i cant find out how i can chance the send from, i managed to set a .replyto adress but it still shows where the mail originated from. So I either want the from adress hidden or want to chance it with the other one.

tia
    Frank

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Hi guys,

I am using an excel database to select emailadresses and then send an email to selected adresses. Now when i send it from a company computer it sends it from my own emailadress (myname@mycompany.nl), we use an exchange server which also allows me to send mail from the 'info' mail we use for customers. (mycompany@info.nl). Now I have tried several things but
    [vba]
    .senderemailadress
    [/vba]
    is a read-only property and i cant find out how i can chance the send from, i managed to set a .replyto adress but it still shows where the mail originated from. So I either want the from adress hidden or want to chance it with the other one.

tia
    Frank
    Frank,

I would have thought you need to login to that account and then send it.

[vba]
    Set oOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Set oNameSpace = oOutlook.GetNameSpace("MAPI")

oNameSpace.Logon profile, Password, True
    [/vba]

hi,

thanks for replying, well the thing is that i get mail from both mail-adresses and when i am using outlook i can easily swap around which adress i want to use. So i was thinking that it was just a mail property. But i tried everything and havent found the right syntax. maybe i am overlooking something here. it is an exchange server and the mail-adresses are linked to your login on the network i believe.

if you have any further questions dont hesitate to ask.

tia
    frank