Consulting

Thread: Error when running histogram in Analysis Toolkit

Error when running histogram in Analysis Toolkit

All along, the macro i recorded to generate a histogram is working fine until today when I tried running it again, it gives a 'Run-time error '1004' the macro " cannot be executed.

What could have been the problem?

Application.Run "ATPVBAEN.XLA!Histogram", Worksheets("Calculate").Range("A1:A" & lastrow) _
    		, Worksheets("Calculate").Range("$G$1"), , False, False, False, False
    any help pls?

VBAX Expert
    1. Are you sure that that xla file is open when you execute the macro?
    2. Are you sure that your worksheet and range references are valid?
    3. Are you sure you do not have funky values in your "data" or "bin" ranges?

I suggested that xxbenxx read my article on cross posting, and that anyone at JMT should respond here since replies have started here.

Cheers,
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewspatrick
    1. Are you sure that that xla file is open when you execute the macro?
    2. Are you sure that your worksheet and range references are valid?
    3. Are you sure you do not have funky values in your "data" or "bin" ranges?
    well yes, the weird thing is that the macro works for certain set of inputs but when i changed the inputs to other values, this error occurs. moreover, this problem did not occur previously. it was only today that the error occurred. i'm not sure what could hv happened.

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I have been handed a list of cross posts on this topic. For anyone who does feel like helping out, you should know where they are:

http://www.vbcity.com/forums/topic.asp?tid=121409
    http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47040
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=389214
    http://p2p.wrox.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40515
    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...d2ca1615b6b717b (Link broken, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't in the ngs somewhere based on what I've seen in the rest.)

xxbenxx, This is madness. If you are going to cross post, PLEASE post a link. Regardless, this is just too much, and I'd be surprised to find that anyone contributes after seeing this.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

state of confusion, but vacation in denial
    Wow. That is as bad as the other one a few weeks back.

Another one. No replies, as expected.

http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewto...rror+histogram
    If you have posted the same question at multiple forums, please read this IMPORTANT INFO.

Please use the thread tools to mark your thread Solved

Please review the Knowledge Base
    for samples and solutions , or to submit your own!

VBAX Expert
    Thanks a bunch for wasting my time, xxbenxx.

Excelforum feeds in to the newsgroups, as does the broken google groups link above. I have been provided the correct link, but I'm not going to bother, as I think this is enough already.

All I can say is "freaking amazing". This has to be the worst instance that I have ever seen. There's even forums in there that I didn't know existed!

state of confusion, but vacation in denial
    I am voting this thread closed. A post like this should not get more replies than a question with no cross posts.
    If you have posted the same question at multiple forums, please read this IMPORTANT INFO.

Please use the thread tools to mark your thread Solved

Please review the Knowledge Base
    for samples and solutions , or to submit your own!