Consulting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Urgent : help with goto specific page number

ok guys Thanks for the code
    actually work the code.

Thanks for all the people to help me.

VBAX Wizard
    To be honest, if you only want the user to view a document, I would advise against designing an app that opens it for them in Word.
    Yeah.

I set some word `s documents to read-only , i navigate to this links, i change the document exposed in the browser and when i press goback, winword ask me "this documet has changed, do you want to save"

i want to avoid this dialog message, can i do that?

I told you in one of your other threads that opening as read-ony wouldn't suppress the message.

I wish I knew more about running Word inside IE - but is that actually what
    you are doing? What happens when you navigate to a Word document in your Browser control in your VB Form? Where does Word open up - in the browser control, or independently?
    Enjoy,
    Tony

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.
    Teach him how to fish and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

I'm (slowly) building my own site: www.WordArticles.com

respond to Tony

Tony : Winword activex it?s opened inside the webbrowser control.

I just tried to navigate to a Word document in a Web Browser control and it opened an instance of Word on my computer - not inside the web browser.

What am I doing wrong?
    Enjoy,
    Tony

the IE control behaves like windows explorer when navigating local and mapped paths and you'll get the word app. If you use a url (or a link) it opens the instance of word in the control, (like opening a word doc with IE).
    This is why I made an index.htm with links to word docs my example. Although I probably should have explained that point in my post rather than just write the code and expect everyone to read my mind
    K :-)

I wish I understood this - I'd like to be able to do it, and not just to address the problem at hand but no matter how I go about it I always get a Word app outside the browser control - and I don't have a Goback button either!

In principle it seems to me that an app running inside a browser is the responsibility of the browser and, although one might expect the browser to either always terminate immediately or, maybe, to give the user a choice, there didn't ought to be any question of a lingering instance. In fact, thinking about it, the browser ought to take responsibility for an app it starts even if that app is outside the browser window.
    Enjoy,
    Tony

VBAX Wizard
    This was my whole point in the discussion of WHO (to personify the process....) is responsible for the instance. And I was trying to understand where and when instances are created (and "who" is responsible for them) when the browser control opens an HTML (which may open Doc files)vs an actual Doc.

And, if there is an already running instance of Word, it seems that it is used - so, just as in automation, it's not blanket-acceptable to close the instance.

I'd still like to know what I have to do to get an active back button.
    Enjoy,
    Tony

VBAX Wizard
    The Back instruction is from a commandbutton. The form is making an explicit web.goback instruction via a commandbutton.

no solution yet

Hi guys until this time i have a no solution for my question, can someone help me?

Where exist a vb and a word coder to help me?

i don`t think i am the first guy in the word to need this kind of solution!!!

Paolo

I'm just too confused to be able to help you here I'm afraid.

I know that Word can be run inside IE (although I don't know exactly how). I know that the containing IE application must impose some constraints on the contained Word application but don't know what all of them may be,

None of this knowledge helps me here. If I understand correctly you have a WebBrowser control on a VB Form and from that you navigate to a Word Document. This then opens in a separate Word instance outside the Browser control - this Word instance may have been specially created or may have already existed. On pressing a separate buttton on the Form you want to execute a GoBack instruction in the Word app (returning control to the WebBrowser) and also to close the Word app.

Maybe I'm just being really thick but there is something about this that doesn't make sense to me.
    Enjoy,
    Tony

VBAX Wizard
    Hi guys until this time i have a no solution for my question, can someone help me?
    Paolo...give us a break here. First of all, your question was about "Goto a specific page number". That I believe has been answered.

Second, you DID make a post stating the code works. I assume this is Killian's last code. Are you saying it is NOT working? If so....SAY SO! You can complain about getting help for
    Where exist a vb and a word coder to help me?
    We ARE trying to help.

I posted a number of questions to you, and you did not answer a single one.
    i don`t think i am the first guy in the word to need this kind of solution!!!
    I don't know. Maybe you are. As Killian suggested, using this to open a Word document is not all that great an idea. Perhaps you may rethink what you are doing.

If not, then please clearly restate the issue, step-by-step. Give us your current code. Give us any error messages you get. Comment things out. Tell us everything you are doing - we can not read minds.

I will tell you flatly that I did some tests, using VB and a web browser control, and making proper references to the instance I could get all instances of Word to properly remove themselves.

Here is the code

Ok guys sorry but now i prepare a project with my problems.

Please check the code and send comments.

Regards Paolo

I'm way out of my depth here - but the water's nice

I don't know how much this will help but after you've navigated to the word document (in openbrowser_Click) you can get a reference to the word application by coding[vba]Set appWord = web.Document.Application[/vba]There seem to be restrictions on what you can do with it but maybe just having it will help get you going in the right direction.
    Enjoy,
    Tony