Consulting

Thread: What type of control is it?

Moderator VBAX Wizard Aussiebear's Avatar
    What type of control is it?

What type of control is it that enables you to view data in an scrollable mini window on a form? And how does it work?

Ted

There's the Office Web Components Spreadsheet control.
    On a userform it displays like an Excel sheet.
    Is this what your after?.

Marcster.

I simply don't know. ( Yes I realise this is totally hopeless as an answer) Can it be adapted so that there's no gridlines and can it be set to pull data into such a window for viewing

Ted

You can set it to pull data from a worksheet or other source
    when form opens or from another event.
    To display gridlines:
    Spreadsheet1.DisplayGridlines = False

Marcster.

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    It might just be a ListBox if you just want a column (or a multi-column) list of values.

Looking a needing method to display the life history of a mechanical roll, used in steam flaking grain, by displaying 5 columns of data, ( Date, Mill No., Hours of use, Days of use, Current Status) when a Roll ID is selected from a drop down list. Hang on a bit and I'll see if I can make a sample file up

Ted

Sorry will take longer than I thought, and its now 12:20am and I need to be up again in 4 hours. Just imagine a dropdown list which once a value is selected, that it causes the relevant data for that Roll ID number selected to be displayed in a scrollable window. If I'm not making sence, then tell me to go to bed.... but be quick cause I just might beat you to it.

Administrator
    Chat VP
    You know you're really in trouble when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be the headlight of a train hurtling towards you

The major part of getting the right answer lies in asking the right question...

Made your code more readable, use VBA tags (this automatically inserts [vba] at the start of your code, and [/vba ] at the end of your code) | Help those helping you by marking your thread solved when it is.

John, Is there a combo box sample in the Listings of KB.... never mind I'll go have a quick peep. Need to leave for work in a couple of minutes anyway.

So to get this straight...

You want a drop down list (combo box) from which you'll choose the values. From there, the resulting record set will show in a scrollable 5 column window?

I'm thinking combo box to a multi column listbox.

Where is the data coming from?
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Ken, we are currently setting up a spreadsheet at work, but have been advised that maybe I should be setting up a database (Access) as an option. One of the guys at work suggested maybe use a pivot table, but I know squat diddly about them too.

Ted

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Ken, we are currently setting up a spreadsheet at work, but have been advised that maybe I should be setting up a database (Access) as an option. One of the guys at work suggested maybe use a pivot table, but I know squat diddly about them too.

Ted
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm