Consulting

Thread: Solved: Switching off background actions.

VBAX Regular
    Solved: Switching off background actions.

Hi!
    Since i am very new to VB my knowlege is very limited. I have however managed to use vb to script a few helpful programs(mainly sort& select routines).
    My question is regarding one of my sort & select routines. My script adds, subtracts, multiplies and summarizes thousands of values in 3 different sheets. This means that there is a lot of jumping between sheets. I an trying to find a way to do all the sheet jumping and calculating in the background while only showing the main sheet. Does anyone know if this is possible.
    //Henry VBRookie

Administrator
    Chat VP
    Put Application.ScreenUpdating = False at the head of your code and Application.ScreenUpdating = True at the end of it

Oh, I just noticed ... and welcome to VBAX
    You know you're really in trouble when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be the headlight of a train hurtling towards you

The major part of getting the right answer lies in asking the right question...

Made your code more readable, use VBA tags (this automatically inserts [vba] at the start of your code, and [/vba ] at the end of your code) | Help those helping you by marking your thread solved when it is.

VBAX Regular
    That worked perfectyly, now i dont have to watch thousands of numbers flashing by !

Administrator
    You know you're really in trouble when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be the headlight of a train hurtling towards you

The major part of getting the right answer lies in asking the right question...

Made your code more readable, use VBA tags (this automatically inserts [vba] at the start of your code, and [/vba ] at the end of your code) | Help those helping you by marking your thread solved when it is.