Consulting

Thread: Add page if not enough

VBAX Master
    Add page if not enough

I am using this code to add a worksheet if it needs to:

[VBA]If WB.Sheets.Count = 1 Then
    Set Cust = WB.Worksheets.Add
    Else: Set Cust = WB.Sheets(2)[/VBA]

However this works if it needs to add the sheet but not if it doesn't need to add the sheet? Please help.

If I get you correctly, your issue is that your new sheet is added before the exisitng sheet. Setting to Worksheets(2) then activates the second sheet in the workbook, which was originally your first sheet.

Try this:
    [vba]Sub test()
    Dim wb As Workbook
    Dim cust As Worksheet

Set wb = ActiveWorkbook
    If wb.Sheets.Count = 1 Then
    Set cust = wb.Worksheets.Add(, wb.Sheets(1))
    Else
    Set cust = wb.Worksheets(2)
    cust.Activate
    End If
    End Sub[/vba]

HTH,
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

VBAX Master
    That code is also only working if there is only one tab already but if there are 2 tabs already it doesn't work. I don't care where it adds it, I only care that it does add it and then switches to the new tab.
    Last edited by Djblois; 07-14-2006 at 06:20 AM.

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    You are not clear. It works perfectly for me.

DO you mean you want to add a new sheet regardless, after the last sheet? If so, use

[vba]

Set Cust = WB.Worksheets.Add(After:=Wb.Worksheets(WB.Worksheets.Count))
    [/vba]

VBAX Master
    No I only want to add a sheet if there are not enough sheets.

VBAX Master
    It shows im my code at the top if there are less than 2 then I want it to add a sheet. THe code is working if it needs to add it but it isn't working if it doesn't need to add a sheet.
    Last edited by Djblois; 07-14-2006 at 07:43 AM.

good point. sorry, i had a bit of a mental lapse (due to laziness to fully read any of your code)

It shows im my code at the top if there are less than 2 then I want it to add a sheet. THe code is working if it needs to add it but it isn't working if it doesn't need to add a sheet.
    I'm sorry. Call me dense, if you like, but I really don't understand what you're asking.

The code I provided will only add a sheet to the workbook if there is 1 worksheet (less than 2) in the book. If there are more sheets, then it sets the 2nd worksheet to a variable and activates that sheet. To test it, add a second sheet, select the first sheet in the workbook, then run the code. It will select sheet 2.

Exactly what are you/are you not expecting to happen if there is more than 1 sheet? My guess is that it is just not doing what you really want it to do... As both Bob and I have pointed out, the code is doing what I told it to...

Can you explain a little more?

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    I'm sorry. Call me dense, if you like, but I really don't understand what you're asking.

The code I provided will only add a sheet to the workbook if there is 1 worksheet (less than 2) in the book. If there are more sheets, then it sets the 2nd worksheet to a variable and activates that sheet. To test it, add a second sheet, select the first sheet in the workbook, then run the code. It will select sheet 2.

Exactly what are you/are you not expecting to happen if there is more than 1 sheet? My guess is that it is just not doing what you really want it to do... As both Bob and I have pointed out, the code is doing what I told it to...

Can you explain a little more?
    What a thicko you are Ken!

Oops, so am I because I don't understand either.

VBAX Master
    For some reason the code works if it needs to add a sheet. However, if it doesn't need to add a sheet, it doesn't switch to it.

Daniel

Daniel, please be more specific......what code doesn't work and doesn't switch to what.
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

VBAX Master
    Thank you lucas I think it is working now

What a thicko you are Ken!

Oops, so am I because I don't understand either.
    Hmmm... seems solved and I still feel thick!