Consulting

Thread: Solved: Check fur duplicate entries

Solved: Check fur duplicate entries

Hi there,

I have a form that I am trying to put togehter, adn one of hte things that needs to be included is a little string of code where it will check the list of information, and if it finds a duplicate name, it will popup a msgbox, and stop the userform from putting in the new data. (I'm going to be making a different form for editting existing data).

That's the code I have put together thinking it would work, but it doesn't seem to be registering this function before putting all the info in.

[VBA]
    Dim v As Integer

v = 1
    For v = 1 To Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
    If tbNode.Value = ws.Range("A" & v) Then
    MsgBox "This node has already been entered"
    End If

Next v [/VBA]

Thanks for the help on this
    Heaven won't take me.. Hell is afraid I'll take over... adn Purgatory doesn't have a smoking section... I am SO screwed...

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar

[vba]

Dim v As Integer

With ws
    For v = 1 To .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
    If tbNode.Value = .Cells(v, "A") Then
    MsgBox "This node has already been entered"
    Exit For
    End If
    Next v
    End With
    [/vba]

As usual, you're a genius. Thanks so much for helping me get that sorted out, and I incorporated it into the one other set of code.

I was close though, that actually makes me happy since it means I am getting the hang of this stuff.
    Heaven won't take me.. Hell is afraid I'll take over... adn Purgatory doesn't have a smoking section... I am SO screwed...

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Yeah, you just seemed to lose track of what objects were what, and therefore which to extract the properties from.