Consulting

Thread: Limit Scroll area on open

Limit Scroll area on open

I have the following simple code that limits the scroll area. However, upon opening the workbook, the scroll area is not limited until the user clicks on a cell. Anyway to make execute it on open?

Thanks.

-ep

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
    Me.ScrollArea = "A1:BS46"
    End Sub

Administrator
    Chat VP
    Me.ScrollArea = "A1:BS46"
    End Sub[/VBA]
    You know you're really in trouble when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be the headlight of a train hurtling towards you

The major part of getting the right answer lies in asking the right question...

Made your code more readable, use VBA tags (this automatically inserts [vba] at the start of your code, and [/vba ] at the end of your code) | Help those helping you by marking your thread solved when it is.

Still not working. When I open the workbook I can go directly to the scroll bar and scroll outside the limit. Am I doing something wrong?

-ep

Give this a try......put the code in you workbook open event. If you want to execute on all the sheet..just loop through each sheet in you workbook.

[VBA][/VBA]
    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Dim ws As Worksheet

Set ws = ActiveSheet

ws.ScrollArea = "A1:BS46"

Set ws = Nothing

End Sub

[VBA][/VBA]

Administrator
    If you're always opening it at the sheet you want to restrict the scroll area on use (in the ThisWorkbook module)
    [VBA]Option Explicit
    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    ActiveSheet.ScrollArea = "A1:BS46"
    End Sub[/VBA]
    if you want the restricted area to apply to every worksheet use (in the ThisWorkbook module)
    [VBA]
    Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
    ActiveSheet.ScrollArea = "A1:BS46"
    End Sub
    [/VBA]
    If you want it to apply to a specific worksheet use what I gave you previously in the worksheet module
    You know you're really in trouble when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be the headlight of a train hurtling towards you

The major part of getting the right answer lies in asking the right question...

Made your code more readable, use VBA tags (this automatically inserts [vba] at the start of your code, and [/vba ] at the end of your code) | Help those helping you by marking your thread solved when it is.

VBAX Newbie
    Smile

This works well except for a couple of issues. I see a highlited/outlined box around the 1st cell in the area no matter what I do. If I create a custom view then scrollarea is disabled. I can't get rid of this box, any ideas? I've seen a link that works for forms in Access, but nothing for Excel. Is there any way to disable the scroll wheel in Excel(that would be the best)?

Thanx in advance - Dean