Consulting

Thread: Formula in crosstab query

VBAX Newbie
    Formula in crosstab query

Dear Access Export

I have used Access: Crosstab Query to create the following data as the columns below

Division Sales Jan Feb

Therefore, can I know how can I create a formula to calculate the variance for Jan and Feb given that the downloaded data which imported into the Table, the month was arranged in the same column.

See my reply to this at Ozgrid. Can't post the link at the mo as the site is temporarily offline.

Learn, I have posted a SQL solution... not sure how you would do this in Access as AFAIK, crosstab queries are limited to a single field for the column area, thus preventing you from adding a column for variance... I think you need to contruct something similar to the example I gace using SQL, although not quite sure how you would do this in Access (not really my "bag" - I am more SQL/MySQL )

See if there are any other ideas forthcomeing & please link to the Ozgrid post so people can see what other ideas may have been tried

Edit: here's the link
    http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24181
    Last edited by WillR; 09-24-2004 at 04:05 AM. Reason: added link
    Will
    Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.

Site Admin
    The Princess
    ~Anne Troy