Consulting

Thread: Duplicate Entrys

Duplicate Entrys

Hi,
    I have the following problem hope you can give some ideas to solve it.

When an employee starts at our company they have to fill out an employment pack also they get a training book that has over 20 modules.

In the employment pack I have to enter a persons name at least ten times and the modules approx 20 times each, oh yes and the date as well.
    The date can change so I cant use and Auto date feature, for ten new staff this is a lot of work anyway around it?

Thx Willy

Explain a bit
    have you a sample workbook?
    ALe
    Help indigent families: www.bancomadreteresa.org

I guess the best way so say is that its a 500 page word document, and in a number of places they require the name and date to be added at print time so the staff member can sign off each module.

Willy

This Should give you some Idea, I hope.

Willy
    Last edited by WillyInAUs; 09-18-2006 at 04:01 AM.

Hi Willy,

All you need here is a couple of custom document properties and some fields. You can create a custom property by:
    Files -> Properties -> Custom

Type the Name *and* the Value before hitting Add

You can create one property for the Trainee's Name (called TraineeName for example) and one for the date printed.

Now in the document select the place where you want the first Trainee Name to be placed and select the following:
    Insert -> Field -> Document Information (in the left pane) -> DocProperty

Now select Options (bottom left corner) -> select 'TraineeName' and add to field.

You can also do this by Crtl+F9 and typing 'DocProperty TraineeName' inside the field (without quotes).

You can record a macro before doing this to see the vba code and even prompt the user when the document is opened for the information.

Good luck.