Consulting

Thread: Solved: Array formula to summarize data.

VBAX Regular
    Solved: Array formula to summarize data.

Good evening,

I need help writing an array formula to summarize data based on the value of one cell in the record. I have attached a sample workbook showing exactly what I would like to accomplish. I figured that would be the easiest way for me to explain what I am trying to do, partially because I am not familliar with array formula's, and partially because I know you are all very busy and would like to cut to the chase.

I do have another posting on this website where xld was gracious enough to help me, but unfortunately, , I did not understand how to apply the formula he wrote to my workbook and make it do what I was wanting it to do, I am sure the formula is great, but my understanding of how array formula's work is very limited.

I did reply back to his posting saying I did not understand it, but I have not gotten a response back for almost a week. I am sure you all are very busy and use your time to help others, and that is understandable. I have seen where xld has a lot of postings and is extremely busy. If you would like to view my prior posting on this topic, the link is below.

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9535

Thank you, in advance for your help. Please see the attached workbook for an example of what I would like to accomplish and a short explaination of it.

VBAX Regular

Will this do the trick?

SHAZAM!

VBAX Regular

You all at VBax are incredible!!! Thank you soooooo much!!!

Shazam - What you came up with was exactly what I was looking for, but did not know how to do it. I knew it could be done! I am hoping, now that I have an array formula, that I will be able to learn more about how they work. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I hope that some day, I will be able to contribute to this web site and help others as much as you all have helped me.

Benny - I really appreciate your help and the time you spent on this, I know your time is valuable. I actually could not get your macro to run though, I got an error saying the macro could not be found. But, really, I wanted to accomplish my goal with formula's rather than macro's. This is a work related spreadsheet and my IT department would like me to limit the macro's that I use, if at all possible.

Thank you again for your time and assistance, much, much appreciated!!!

Scott.