Consulting

Thread: Anybody know where to find the System folder for Search Results (Windows)?

Administrator
    2nd VP-Knowledge Base
    Anybody know where to find the System folder for Search Results (Windows)?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was a way to interact (by VBA, of course) with a "search results" folder....but I'm not sure exactly how it works to begin with ...like if it's a newly created folder each time a search is ran or if it's always one specific folder and if the files/folders within that folder are like pointers or whatever.

How does this work exactly? Or does anyone have any resourses to point me to?

TIA

New to the forum? Check out our Introductions section to get to know some of the members here. Feel free to tell us a little about yourself as well.

I was wondering if there was a way to interact (by VBA, of course) with a "search results" folder....
    Yes. Set a reference to "Microsoft Shell Controls And Automation"
    Browse the various classes. Especially these three:
    Shell
    ISearchCommandExt
    SearchCommand

but I'm not sure exactly how it works to begin with ...like if it's a newly created folder each time a search is ran or if it's always one specific folder and if the files/folders within that folder are like pointers or whatever.
    It appears that this is a simple listview with icons. I have installed MS Desktop Search or I would try an provide you with an example...