Consulting

Thread: #Deleted

VBAX Newbie
    #Deleted

I am having an issue with seeing #Deleted on some of the tables linked in an Access database. I am using Access 2002 and I am linked via ODBC to an Oracle database that runs our Lawson HR/Payroll software. On my computer all appears ok. On a computer across the office with the same setup as mine they see the #Deleted in each field when opening a table; i.e. the DeptCode table. What would cause this where one computer it works fine and on the next computer it des not?

Thanks,

Steve

Have you tried closing the table that the other computer is on and then opening it again so it can update? It may have happened because someone deleted a table item while the user had the table open.
    Someday I'll understand everything...
    Even then...I'll still pretend I'm a beginner.

VBAX Newbie
    Have you tried closing the table that the other computer is on and then opening it again so it can update? It may have happened because someone deleted a table item while the user had the table open.
    No this is an on-going problem. From my computer the table always opens fine and from the other computer it never opens without the #Deleted in each field.

Is the #Deleted showing up in every field or only certain ones? If they only show up in certain ones maybe there is a problem with her link that is holding on to partial data but missing other information. The only time I have ever seen the #Deleted text is when I delete data from a form while the table is open... Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    Someday I'll understand everything...
    Even then...I'll still pretend I'm a beginner.

VBAX Newbie
    I am hopeful I have found the solution but it will have to wait until tomorrow. What I have found is that on the computers that are having this issue, they have an Oracle driver version different then the version I have on my computer.

I would have thought that one of the Information Services people would have verified the setup of computers in the department when the issue was discovered. I was also under the impression that everything is standardized in the organization.

So tomorrow I will see if I can obtain the updated driver, test it and if it works I can put solved on this message.