Consulting

Thread: PowerPoint Slide Selection in VBA

VBAX Newbie
    PowerPoint Slide Selection in VBA

Hi All

My company has recently upgrade our hardware and we now have SP2 for Office. I have a macro in Excel that creates PowerPoint slides from a template using data in the Excel file. When the code adds a slide now it automatically selects the first slide in the deck, which does not have a chart just a title, and then tries to paste the data in to the non-existant chart!

Regardless of how explicit I make the slide to be selected the code selects the first slide. Unless I debug the code and step through it in which case it manages to select the last slide in the deck! Grrrrr!

Many thanks for you time.

Rupert

Hi Rupert.
    In powerpoint itself, its
    [VBA]ActivePesentation.Slides(n).Shapes(n)[/VBA]
    if you want to select shapes.
    I don't know from excel but activepresentation.slides(n) may work.
    cheers

MS Excel MVP VBAX Tutor
    When the code adds a slide now it automatically selects the first slide in the deck, which does not have a chart just a title, and then tries to paste the data in to the non-existant chart!

Regardless of how explicit I make the slide to be selected the code selects the first slide. Unless I debug the code and step through it in which case it manages to select the last slide in the deck!
    Hard to tell what's up without seeing the code.
    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com
    _______

Hard to tell what's up without seeing the code.
    Agreed. Also would be nice to know what version you applied SP2 to. I'm assuming Office 2003?
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!