Thanks in advance to all the help you folks have given to get this far.
My office has 24 trainers that use this file we put together and they are blown away. They wonder why I still work there and don't run an excell business.
If it wasn't for this forum, I would be no where near that possibility.

Now for my new test.
Excell 2007 lets me save as a macro enbled format which works great if you use the 2007 version. Most of my co-workers are 2003 and aren't planning to upgrade soon. So I can export as 97-2003 compatible. For the most part that is ok, but I like to work in the 2007 version for the features.

One macro I run lets the user save a file that deletes several sheets and pulls a name from a named range (with .xls extension).
On my version (in .xlsm) clicking this macro uses the save as and adds the .xls to an .xlsm file. When reopenning this causes problems.
And if this is openned on the older version (2003) it looks like greek code.

I know I can change the output extension to .xlsm, but the other users wont ever see or use that version.

Is there a way to test what version excell is in use (2002,2003,2007) and the format of the working file (.xls, .xlsm), and save as can keep the correct format based on what is in use?

ie If I open in .xlsm the save as will use .xlsm - 2007 compatible
If I open in .xls the save as will use .xls 93-2003 compatible

I am having to work in compatiblity mode and making sure I have saved the right format when working with other offices is leaving room for error.

any suggestions would greatly be appreciated
Thanks again for your continued support.
I'll attach the file so you can see all I've (we've) done
it's office 7 xlsm zipped
Mark