Is there a way to tell if a cell is used in an equation anywhere on the spreadsheet? That is - outside of deleting the value within the cell and then looking for the #D/V/O/# messages (or whatever that is... i cant remember it right now)...

i have a spreadsheet that was emailed to me that has a cell with a value in it that is "off by itself"... the OCD in me makes it stick out like a sore thumb, but if it is there for a purpose i can deal with it. I am wondering if there is a way to click on that cell and run a code or something and have Excel check the spreadsheet and see if there is an equation or something that looks at the cell for information... That way, if nothing is looking at it, then i can delete it!

(this is a 50+ page workbook and the same cell is used in each one which makes me think that there IS something looking at it... i can deduce that if something is looking at it in one sheet - then it will be the same in all of them; but the wheels were already turning and got me wondering if such an ability exists...)

thanks!

nomi