Consulting

Thread: Calculate Revenue Based on Date Periods

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Calculate Revenue Based on Date Periods

I"m having difficulty nailing this one down. Some fresh eyes would be much appreciated.

Attached is a workbook with some sample data, and my attempt that is not working, along with example of expected results. I was trying to do the calculation in one cell with SumProduct formula on an existing data layout without resorting to any helper columns.

Basically it's trying to calculate projected revenue for next 12 months based on Start Dates and End Dates of various Items. Small twist is data presents Rate per 28 days. So, I was approaching it by calculating a daily rate and then extrapolating to the # of days active in the next 12 months.

Problem seems to be in the part where I'm trying to come up with the #of Active Days.

eg:

{=SUMPRODUCT(--(INDEX(Items,,1)=Choice)*--(INDEX(Items,,3)<TODAY()+365)*--(INDEX(Items,,4)>TODAY())*(INDEX(Items,,2)/28)*(DATEDIF(MAX(INDEX(Items,,3),TODAY()),MIN(TODAY()+365,INDEX(Items,,4)),"d")))}
    Please see attached. Any ides on how to achieve 12 month projection and historical 12 month accounting, in one cell formula much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!
    Attached Files Attached Files