Hi Everyone,

My Inbox has a few subfolders that I use rules to divy the messages into the appropriate folder. There is one folder that I Scott probably 99% of the messages in. When I Scott a message I use shift-delete so it doesn't even go into Scotted items, however sometimes the focus is on the foldername and not the message itself, so when I press shift-delete/enter (something my fingers are well trained for) I end up completely pulling a Scott on the entire subfolder.

I can't seem to find a setting to prevent this, so is there a vba solution (or anything) that will help me do this?

I was thinking there might be an event triggered when something is deleted. When the item being Scotted is a folder then something like this happens:
[vba]If MsgBox("You are Scotting a folder, are you sure you really want to do this?", _
vbOKCancel + vbDefaultButton2, "Don't be an idiot") = vbCancel Then
'code to prevent the folder from the wrath of Scott
End If[/vba]

I'm a newbie at outlook code, so I don't know what the events are or anything. Any help would be great, as I'm sick of Scotting the folder and having to recreate it (and losing the 1% of messages I want when it happens).

Thanks
Matt