Does anyone have any ideas on creating a multilingual Ribbon Bar tab for a Word template, please? Allow me to explain . . . I have created four templates for a client (a Letterhead, in fact) in Word 2010 and now they have asked me if I can create just one template but allowing the user to change the language of the control labels on the additional Ribbon tab which loads when the template is run. This also includes the keytips as well as the supertips text.

Doing some research I found the ideal thing in the RibbonX book (Martin, Puls & Hennig). It works beautifully but only in Excel! The key to the whole thing is a series of LOOKUP tables containing the text for the labels, etc.

A code snippet is below to demonstrate the structure in the Excel VBA procedures:

[VBA]Option Explicit
Public grxIRibbonUI As IRibbonUI
Public giColControls As Integer
Public gWS As Worksheet

Sub rxIRibbonUI_onLoad(ribbon As IRibbonUI)
Set grxIRibbonUI = ribbon
giColControls = 2
Set gWS = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Languages")
Application.SendKeys "%UN{RETURN}"
End Sub

Sub rxshared_getLabel(control As IRibbonControl, ByRef returnedVal)
On Error Resume Next
returnedVal = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(control.ID, gWS.Range("A2:C200"), giColControls, 0)
End Sub[/VBA]

Is there any way I can access an external Excel worksheet (without opening Excel) and then apply a LOOKUP procedure to the sheet containing the lookup tables through Word VBA? Or can anyone suggest an alternative method to achieve the same result?

Thanks for any help. (btw, should this code question be in the VBA forum or is it OK here?)