Consulting

Thread: Adding record from one table to another where the Employee ID is the same

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VBAX Regular
    Adding record from one table to another where the Employee ID is the same

Hello,

I am stuck on a problem that I have research but have not been able to fix I have a code that adds the info from a list box to a table where the Bidder Id is the index key I have 4 of these List boxes, but if I go into the second text box or any of them and try adding different data but the same bidder ID I get the error message "Index Key cant have duplicate values" so I read online to try an append query that appends the one column that I want to add to the row that matches the bidder ID but I get the error message that it will create a duplicate index key even though it doesn't append the index key so my next hope is that I can add on to the VBA code that I already have to be able to find the matching bidder number in the table with the bidder number of the list box and add the data to the column named "200". here is my code below:
    Private Sub Winner_200_Click()
    Dim db As Database
    Dim rec As Recordset
    Set db = CurrentDb
    Set rec = db.OpenRecordset("Select * From Winner_Pick")
    rec.AddNew
    rec("200") = Me.Winner_200.Column(2)
    rec("Ambassador Name") = Me.Winner_200.Column(0)
    rec("Bidder Number") = Me.Winner_200.Column(1)
    On Error GoTo ErrHandler
    ErrHandler:
        If Err.Number = 3022 Then
        DoCmd.OpenQuery ("SL200")
        Me.Winner_200.Requery
        Exit Sub
         End If
    rec.Update
    DoCmd.OpenQuery ("Update200")
    Me.Winner_200.Requery
    Set rec = Nothing
    Set db = Nothing
    End Sub
    SL200 is the append query that runs when the error message comes up saying "Duplicate index Key" but the append query doesn't work.

Winner_200 is the list box.

update200 is used for changing the value of table where the list box gets its info from so that it drops off the list box once that data has been entered into the new table

Winner_Pick is the table where I have the info going to once I click the row in one of the list boxes

any help would be greatly appreciated this is for a charity Auction that my job is hosting.
    Last edited by Aussiebear; 04-23-2023 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Adjusted the code tags