Hi everyone,

I have kind of a weird problem that I'm trying to fix here. I have some swipe card readers, and am speculating that every now and then, they seem to turn on the Shift key on the computer keyboard... almost like they're just holding it down. I've bee able to see this with one of my users, who was able to press the shift key a couple of times to bring things back to normal. (This only happens with the card reader attached.)

Now, in itself, this is a minor annoyance, but the issue gets bigger. The user I referred to above is the only user who actually has a keyboard. I have 6 point of sale terminals with swipe readers and touchscreens running on Citrix. (No keyboards at all.)

What I've found on my users PC is that if I hold the shift key down, and swipe a card, instead of returning say 123456, it sends !@#$%^ This is a big issue, since the swipe card is their login id for the system. And without a keyboard, I can't send those two shift keys.

I'd like to write a little VB app to send to shift keys to the Windows interface, as this seemed to fix it in an environment where a keyboard was attached. Unfortunately, I don't know how to make this happen.

I thought about using SendKeys, but opening Excel to do this seems like the wrong way, and SendKeys is VBA specific, I believe. (Plus I couldn't get sendkeys to work for me, either)

Can anyone help me out here?