Hi, I'm new here. I have searched for answers and even used AI but I can't seem to get this solved. I have a ThisWorkbook routine that is called by date with a general vbInformation box. I click on ok and it calls a routine in a module to backup a directory. This is one of 4 macros with each told to place a check mark or else. Within that module I have a routine to place a check mark in a cell to visibly show that routine has been completed in case I need to cancel the backup routine and come back later. In this routine once the directory is created and folder contents copied and pasted I get a message box saying it's successful or one saying it failed if that the directory already exist. If succesfull a check mark is supposed to be placed before the success message and a new module is called. The problem is excel doesn't actually put the check mark in the cell until I either cancel the routine or let it go through all the other routines also called by module and though all modules run
successfully the last one fails because it doesn't see the check
marks until the routine is dies. Then if I run the last routine manually it says ok I see the marks. Anyone have any idea how I can make the marks visible before each success msg box and the next module is called? AI said I should declare wingdings so I did and it didn't help.