Consulting

Thread: Error 50290 on Selection Macro

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Your sendkeys code doesn't work at all for me, but I don't get any errors either. This seems like overengineering to me, but it would also seem like just using Form comboboxes would make more sense.
    Be as you wish to seem

VBAX Contributor
    Yes, Aflatoon, I felt it was over engineering as well. The problem is that cell level data validation dropdowns do not look any different than other cells, so to show the user what to do, I wanted a pic of the down arrow. At first the sendkeys didn't work, and I did something, and it began working. Just cannot recall what that something was.

Anyway, I don't want the user to have to make a decision on errors when error trapping isn't working. So I think I may have to draw a user form combo-box in the cells and code them instead. I am working tomorrow and Thursday, so maybe I will have time to check if answers come before then... and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by garyj View Post
    I think I may have to draw a user form combo-box in the cells and code them instead.
    Unless you have a specific need for the activex version, I would recommend sticking with the native Excel form control (the DropDown). They are a lot more stable.
    Be as you wish to seem

VBAX Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Aflatoon View Post
    Unless you have a specific need for the activex version, I would recommend sticking with the native Excel form control (the DropDown). They are a lot more stable.
    For Sure! From what I know, that is the first set under Developer/Insert/ correct?

FrmControlsImg.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by garyj View Post
    For Sure! From what I know, that is the first set under Developer/Insert/ correct?

FrmControlsImg.jpg
    Yes, those are the ones.
    Be as you wish to seem