Consulting

Thread: Solved: Simple question; (DoCmd.FindRecord)

Solved: Simple question; (DoCmd.FindRecord)

Hello all, to get straight to the point, I have a database with a 'Customer Details' Table. Baring in mind that the field Customer ID is (the primary key) issued for each customer, I need to know some VBA code that will allow me to enter a customer ID and find the related records for that customer.

I have tried using a form with a text1.txt but my visual basic skills aren't great. I'd love it if anyone could help!

Basically what I've got in mind is either a form/prompt that will allow me to enter a customer ID, and then this customers details are found. I need it in VBA.

cheers for anything you can suggest
    Last edited by NFFC_Evans; 04-19-2007 at 04:04 PM.

VBAX Regular
    Have a look at this article from the MS Knowledge Base...

304428 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304428/) How to use the query by form (QBF) technique

hth,
    Giacomo

VBAX Guru
    A very simple alternative is to use a Combo Box.
    Another alternative if you are using a "Search Form" is to just set a query's Criteria Row to the Search Form's CustomerID.
    You don't need any VBA for the first method and very little (run the query) for the second.

Thank you for the responses, the reason I wanted to have a more complex/more code based idea is because this is for coursework and the more technical the better, but thank you again for the replies.

The QBF solution worked a dream btw