Thread: Database/List Manipulation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ok, So what if we run the script to combine all matching company numbers and remove the duplicates,
    then start another pass that then checks for duplicate addresses

where would this account number get moved too?

add a new column at the end of the row?

or insert a new one next to the pricing type (Normal/Discount/Gov)

If you know in advance how many duplicates there will be we can format the sheet prior to running the script and have the pricing data adjacent,

If you wont know how many duplicate address' may occur we can add a new column to the end of the row, regardless of how many.
    I like being able to account for all possible situations, your RealSample is laid out different then I expected,
    If you know what needs to go where we can help with the heavy lifting.

VBAX Regular
    On your request:
    hmm, that organizes it nicely yes, but it doesn't remove the duplicated (or show that it will remove duplicate addresses). I still see 10025 106th street 3x, with 3 different account #s, if that were on 1 line then yeah that would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by mperrah View Post
    ok, So what if we run the script to combine all matching company numbers and remove the duplicates,
    then start another pass that then checks for duplicate addresses

where would this account number get moved too?

add a new column at the end of the row?

or insert a new one next to the pricing type (Normal/Discount/Gov)

If you know in advance how many duplicates there will be we can format the sheet prior to running the script and have the pricing data adjacent,

If you wont know how many duplicate address' may occur we can add a new column to the end of the row, regardless of how many.
    I like being able to account for all possible situations, your RealSample is laid out different then I expected,
    If you know what needs to go where we can help with the heavy lifting.
    Yeah that is what I am basically looking for.
    Do you mean matching company numbers (account #s) that the first 6 digits are the same, then the only difference is the last 3? 123456-001, 123456-002?

Ok – just accounted for all possible situations, I have formatted the realsample attachment to look like how I think it should. I have also attached the totals of the price classes (you can see if the real sample too, but may be easier to see in the smaller attachment).

To help explain, '0000' is the code, 'List price' is the description of the code, and '14' is the number of duplicates, so we would need List price 1, 2,3,4,5,6 all to 14. So 14 columns. Which I have already done in the excel RealSample. Having that many columns isn't annoying to be honest, because all the vital information is before the first List Price 1, then once you see that information, you can scroll right to the price class account you're looking for! I like it!

0000 List price 14

And just to explain why there is 14, is that we have a buying group that helps out customers, so all the buying goes through one address. I would of set it up differently, but before my time!

Hope that helps to explain more and give you a better base to start some of that heavy lifting you were offering !
    If it’s a lot of work to code each of the 33, just do a few of each and I can look at how to do the rest…that is a lot of redundant work lol.

Thank you so much again!

edit - just updated price class code.xls at 11:09EST, if you opened it before then, please re-download and open! thx
    Attached Files Attached Files