PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Find last number in column if year matches

oam
10-20-2021, 11:48 AM
I have a worksheet with a large amount of production data broken up into production years and what I am needing is to find the last data entered in a column if the production year matches.

What I need it to do is look at column B last row and if the cell on Sheet3 D3 matches number in column B last row data entered it will return the last data from column J entered for that production year.

Thank you are any and all help

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K

Row
Day of Production
Production Year #
Total ABC Production
Pipe QC
Total ABCQC Production
Total Daily Production
Start Date
End Date
Total Year Production
Total Year Over Contract
ABCQC
Over Contract

Paul_Hossler
10-20-2021, 12:52 PM
I think it'd be easier to understand if you attached a small workbook with sample data and all necessary worksheets

oam
10-21-2021, 04:30 AM
Sorry it took so long but I had to sanitize the file. Hope this helps

Thank you for looking into my problem.

p45cal
10-21-2021, 06:17 AM
In the attached, formula at cell K15:
=INDEX(Sheet3!$U$2:$U$1905,MATCH(MAX(IF(Sheet3!$L$2:$L$1905=$C15,Sheet3!$K$ 2:$K$1905)),Sheet3!$K$2:$K$1905,0))
gives the result 920,011.
I've guessed that Pipe A is Pipe AQC in column U of sheet 3.
It actually returns the value in column U that is on the same row of the latest (max) date in column K where there's a 6 in column L.
You can copy the formula down.
Similar formulae in L15 and M15.
For confirmation, there's a pivot table at cell O14, but this returns the max value in column U (or V or X) where there's the same Year# in column L (it doesn't look at the dates at all).

It looks as if the data in Sheet3 has been put together from data elsewhere, with lots of calculations added. It would probably be a lot simpler and robust to get the data you want directly from these source data.

oam
10-21-2021, 07:47 AM
Thank you for all your help, it worked great!